Sunday, November 22, 2009

Choosing the paint colours

It's been a crazy week at work but I now have time to finalise the paint colours. This, I thought wouldn't be too hard.....wrong!

The upstairs is fine. The main bedroom will be a beautiful pale grey, Resene - Double Concrete and the second bedroom will be a beautiful pale blue Dulux - Pre School Half. Both rooms will have beautiful crisp white trims.

The challenge has been the white for downstairs and all other spots of the house. So these are my choices Dulux whites - Whisper White or Lexicon Quarter or Antique White USA. I thought Whisper White as that is the colour we used to paint the store at work and it looks lovely. Lexicon Quarter because I saw an image that Greg Natale did and it look amazing. Antique White USA because it is so well known and widely used, however part of me feels it's a safe white! I'm edgeing towards Lexicon Quarter because I want the crisp, fresh white that will look fantastic with my yellow accent colour.

My inspiration for the living area has come from the great Ivy Bar in Sydney and from The Viceroy Hotel in Palm Springs, designed by the amazing Kelly Wearstler.


The Ivy

image above and below via The Viceroy Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!