Monday, April 26, 2010

Colour Theory : Purple

Ok, I like purple and I have a couple of purple pieces of clothing but don't love it.
I think it has to be the right shade though (smokey, grey purple) and used in just the right amounts in a space, otherwise I think it start to look a little bit tacky or remind me of my old great aunties house in the late 70's!



Purple embodies the balance of red simulation and blue calm. This dichotomy can cause unrest or uneasiness unless the undertone is clearly defined at which point the purple takes on the characteristics of its undertone. A sense of mystic and royal qualities, purple is a color often well liked by very creative or eccentric types and is the favorite color of adolescent girls.
How the color purple affects us mentally and physically
* Uplifting
* Calming to mind and nerves
* Offers a sense of spirituality
* Encourages creativity
- sensational colour
I like the way it is used here with the yellow and grey - my 2 favourite colours


I love this Versace dress and I love the colour, stunning


Even just the smallest touch of purple seen here in the cushion and flowers adds just the right amount to make it look lovely

If it's good enough for Jessica Stams living room.......


Louis Vuitton - need I say more??
Alot of purple and I actually really like it but I don't think I could live with it

{images via living etc, vt interiors, style.com, 6th st design school, elle decor, secrets of domestic bliss}

1 comment:

  1. I think you and I are the only two people in the blogosphere NOT in love with purple!!!

    I "like" it... but i never choose it for myself.

    Even when i think its pretty, it urks me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!