Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Gold Coast Home Tour

Last weekend my mum, sister and I went to have a look at this house here on the Gold Coast. Mum had clearly fallen in love with the furniture, high ceilings and details the homeowner had put in the place, so we had to go along and have a look. 

The pictures actually don't do it justice but the feel in this home was really lovely. It felt very homely that you just wanted to stay, kick your shoes off and relax either inside or out.


The homes you normally find on the Gold Coast have quite a modern finish to them so I was very happy to see the interior of this house. Very Hamptonish style I guess is what I can liken it to.

It was a big house (6 bedrooms) but it didn't feel too big, you know where you are just aimlessly wandering around in empty space. It was still cosy and perfect for a little family.


The purple sofas really worked in this space. This whole space worked as a great open entertaining area which easily included the outside area.

 The splashback in the kitchen is glass, such a great concept. At the end of the kitchen is a great butler's pantry and next to it a gorgeous wine fridge/room!



  The boys room nicely done


Now we know yellow is my favourite colour but no, this master bedroom isn't doing much for me! I feel the bed should be bigger and grander and I personally wouldn't have chosen the wallpaper. But you know what credit for the homeowner taking some chances.

The guest bedroom looks very simple and even bare but in person it was actually quite comfortable and inviting.

Beautiful outside decking area looking out onto the pool and the golf course. Ceiling fans outside a 
must here on the Gold Coast.

It is located in Royal Pines which is a gated community for the fairly wealthy and this particular house is situated right on the golf course giving it a really lovely outlook.

You can see more details on the home here.


images via realestate.com

1 comment:

  1. That kitchen reminded me of my grandmother's...she had a long window over the counter...I think I will have to do a post about it soon. Thank you for triggering the memory!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!