Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day 
to all those fabulous dad's out there


I had an interesting chat with a couple of my friends yesterday about our dads. 
I was so saddened to hear their less than happy memories of their "dads"
 - if they could even be called that!

I've always known how lucky I am to have a great dad but it hit home even more yesterday.

a very chubby me and my dad
Growing up I had a dad who worked hard to support his family {this is where I believe I learnt
my good work ethic from} but he always had time for us. When I was younger I always
used to nag him about playing a board games with me at night when I'm sure all he wanted to do
was relax with a beer and watch some television after a long day at work. 
He's the one who taught me how to ride a bike and helped me with my homework. 
It sounds like a hallmark card or something doesn't it, but it's not it's called real life,
how it should be and called being a parent! 

Happy father's day also to my brother who is also a really great dad to my nephew
{who idolises him by the way}.




Thanks dad for being the best dad ever, there's no other like you.

Happy Father's Day, 
love you 
xox


images via pinterest, myfirstlittleplace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!