Sunday, December 5, 2010

To tree or not to tree?



I have decided not to put up a Christmas tree this year.
Since I first moved out of home some 12 years ago I have only ever put up one tree! Surprising for my love of design and decorating but I work in the retail industry which we know is the craziest, busiest, most ridiculous time of the year that I don't have much time to celebrate christmas and therefore a tree for me or others to enjoy.


Belinda's beautiful Christmas at The Happy Home

I will however put up some decorations, just trying to get some inspiration
(even though we are only 3 weeks away!)









Hope you are all having fun getting ready for Christmas x


images this is glamorous, the happy home, birch & lily, olivieux

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that magnolia wreath amazing! I remember seeing it one of the house magazines recently.
    I went without a tree for 7 years when I was in my apartment and couldn't wait to put up a BIG tree last year when we had a house.
    ps love the deccys in the secnd pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the wreath from? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for not putting up a tree.
    My favorite decorating aspect for Christmas is the lights! I love Christmas lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Oh, I adore Christmas trees, especially live trees... though, this year I though to create a new look and do three trees instead of just one. You could do small ones perhaps? Might be fun and something new :)

    Thanks for sharing these for inspiration.
    Hope your week is off to a great start,

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wont be putting up my tree this year either, I have no living room to put it in as we're sanding floorboards and hopefully painting soon. Instead I have a cake stand with some boubles on it next to my tv. Understated but still a bit of festivity! I love that flower wreath :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Michelle, can you send me a pic or even better post on your blog? Would love to see and might have to adapt your idea :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!