Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Queensland Flooding

Our blogs are usually filled with such pretty images and positivity but today I want to post about some devastating news. South East Queensland, the part of the world I live is experiencing severe flooding. Fortunately not here on the Gold Coast but in Brisbane (an hour north of here). 
You've most likely heard about it on the news around the world.

I have good friends who live in Brisbane and our store in Brisbane CBD had to be evacuated today and closed tomorrow  :(

The water's expecting to rise to more than 3 metre's tonight and most likely to peaking to 5.45m on Thursday. It's just too surreal.




People climbing on the roof as there's no where else to go

If you would like to donate to the victims of the floods, click here to find out more

To all South East Queenslanders, stay safe and thinking of you all xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm just stunned by what's going on. I'm so glad to hear that you are safe Sarah. I have distant rels up in Brisbane and also the part of Northern NSW that is affected and it's just devastating what has happened.

    We thought the flood in Newcastle a few years back was bad and it was the scariest experience of my life driving through the flood waters that night. It is nothing compared to what is happening up North. I can't even fathom what is going on at the moment.

    My thoughts are with all those affected wether it be directly or indirectly.

    Sandy K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!