Monday, July 26, 2010

The holiday is over

Yep, I'm back! Am I happy to be back from Byron Bay? No, not really!! The idea of moving are being seriously thought out at the moment.

But for now, I wanted to share just a couple of things about Byron Bay. Byron is full of really lovely people who are so friendly and relaxed. People will actually smile at you as you walk down the street, what a novelty! The houses are divine little weatherboard cottages set amongst green, tropical gardens or facing the beach. The food is fresh and organic. Many alternative natural medicine's, you can get massages galore.
There are so many wonderful things to share but these are probably my favourite things.

The food in Byron is amazing, so fresh and so much flavour. Seriously every meal we had was fantastic. If you head to Byron I highly recommend you eat at :

Sit inside or out on the balcony over looking Byron's main streets. Great food and wine and if you love tapas, you'll love it here.


One One One
1/111 Jonson Street, Byron Bay
All food is local and organic. Must try the buttermilk pancakes and the omlete. Great atmosphere and really friendly service.

Bohemia @ Byron
1/95 Jonson Street, Byron Bay
Again fab pancakes! Really great atmosphere again. Great place to grab a coffee and sit on the lounge with friends.

Fish Heads
You can't come to Byron and not have fish 'n' chips right? Well get yours at Fish Heads. You can either dine in at their restaurant on the beach or get take away. Very yummy!

The shopping is also great in Byron. You're not going to find any big chain stores here, only beautiful little boutiques for the home, fashion and jewellery and of course surf shops. I would recommend you stop by :

Red Ginger
You have to go here! It is such a gorgeous shop and you can even get some Yum Cha and sit on a little stool to eat. But my favourite thing about this place is the great little things to buy for your house, lots of cute gifts, books and even some chinese medicine. Such a source of inspiration.

Spell
I've recently posted about it, it's just a must go.

Sweet Papillon
Gorgeous jewellery and clothing with a few bits for the home. I will post more about this place soon. Love it.

Finally is the beaches where you would spend majority of your time, even in winter. Some of the best beaches for surfing or just sitting and relaxing at in Australia are in Byron.






images my first little place

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great shots Sarah!

    I love Byron too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really...great pics.
    Byron is spectacular.
    Byron bay holiday was my first holiday trip to Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!